As a truck driver you should be considered as an unique individual with your own skills, needs and wants. Being a truck driver opens up options for you to become your own boss when you choose a reputable type of company to drive for. Certain truck companies offer a number of options which can allow you to start enjoying high compensation options within the trucking industry.
Benefits of Driving For One Of These Companies:
- Accounting and business service programs
- Permit and license programs
- 24 hour road services are available to you
- Equipment insurance that is offered to you at a very reasonable rate
- Vision, health, dental and medical programs and plans are available to you
- Huge discounts are offered when you make use of in-house the ‘ account services’ program associated with services and equipment
- A variety of lease purchase option programs available
- These profitable and stable companies are dedicated to their independent contractors. They are designed to assist you in helping you to succeed in becoming your own boss.
- Sign-on and referral incentives
- Steady and consistent freight
- No-touch freight
- Big discounts on offer for fuel
- Working for one of these companies offers you freedom in regards to the truck type that you wish to drive and the operations you wish to participate in
- There is never any forced dispatch which provides you with independence
- There is generally little or no competition between the different companies as the model is designed specifically for “Owner Operators“
- Daily home time on offer
- High settlements
The Purchase and Lease Programs
With the lease programs you can drive and work for a reputable company that will accommodate you as well as assist in a beneficial and mutual business relationship. As an “Owner Operator” you can increase the growth of your business along with high settlement rates. The business models available will offer you with a number of route and load options that will ensure that you are always able to select a run that is efficient and lucrative to you. Some of the options available include over-the-road, local, reefer, dry van and many others.
When you join up with one of these companies you have the potential of $0.92 for each mile. You can build up your own personal business as you receive total support from the regional dispatchers that are specialists in the business and know the areas well. When you decide to become your own boss with a reputable trucking company you are provided with just the right types of tools in order to assist you running your very own business successfully.
In order to become eligible for one of these driver applications you will need to fall into one the following categories:
- You are already a current owner operator
- You are an experienced truck driver looking to either purchase or lease a truck
- You are a fleet driver or fleet owner
Reasons To Become An Owner Operator
When you become an owner operator you are no longer considered to be just a driver. You are provided with the right information and vital tools in order for you to succeed and run an efficient personal business.
One of the most important reasons to become an owner operator is the amount of money you can save tires, insurance, maintenance, fuel and more with the provided programs on offer. You can leverage buying power when you use a stable, large company as well as decreasing your personal business costs as well as increasing your own profit margins. Being your own boss opens up options of choosing when and where you would like to work.