If you’re looking for a great job in the trucking industry, you’ll want to work for one of the best trucking companies. But how do you find out which employers are the best?
Here are some tips:
- Check out online resources like Glassdoor and Indeed, which provide reviews and ratings from employees.
- Ask your friends, family, and acquaintances if they have any recommendations.
- Search for industry-specific lists of top employers, such as Journal of Commerce’s list of the top trucking companies to work for.
With a little research, you should be able to find the best trucking companies to work for. And once you land a job with one of these employers, you’ll be on your way to a successful career in the trucking industry.
What Qualifications Do Trucking Companies Look for in Hiring Truck Drivers?
There are a few things that trucking companies look for when hiring truck drivers. They want to make sure that you have the experience and skills necessary to do the job.
Key Skills for Truck Drivers to Have
- Experience – the longer you have been driving trucks, the more you will stand out. To a trucking employer, veteran drivers mean they are reliable, resourceful, self-reliant, responsible, and have existing relationships with partners, customers, and management.
- Clean driving record – employers want to make sure that their drivers are safe. And a clean driving record is one way to show that you’re a safe driver. If you do have any accidents or violations, be sure to explain them on your application and during your interview.
- Physically fit – enough to handle the demands of the job. Truck drivers are responsible for transporting goods across long distances. This can be a physically demanding job, so it’s important to be in good physical shape.
- Knowledge of safety regulations and traffic laws
- Maintenance knowledge and skills – having the ability to maintain the companies’ vehicles is important to ensure that the rigs are not only safe to drive, but also are durable and last long.
What are the Interpersonal Skills Needed to Get Hired as a Truck Driver?
Interpersonal skills are important for any job, but they’re especially important for a job like truck driving. That’s because you will be spending a lot of time on the road, away from home. And that means you will need to be able to deal with all sorts of different people, including customers, co-workers, and trucking company employees.
Some of the interpersonal skills you’ll need to be a successful truck driver include:
- Communication skills
- Customer service skills
- Organizational skills
- Time management skills
- Focus and concentration
How Important is Having a CDL to Work at the Best Trucking Companies?
Having a CDL is a requirement to work at the top trucking companies. If you look at job sites like Indeed or Ziprecruiter, most employers look for a Class A or B CDL depending on the rig you will be operating. If you have a CDL, be sure to list it on your resume and application.
Also, if you have the opportunity to upgrade your CDL to a Class A that is also beneficial, as you will have access to better employment opportunities, higher salaries, and a wider range of employers.
Even if you don’t have a CDL, though, you can still apply to work at the best trucking companies. You may just need to put in a little extra effort to stand out from the crowd.
What are the Best Trucking Companies to Work For?
Here are a few of the best trucking companies to work for:
– J.B. Hunt
– Schneider National
– Swift Transportation
– Werner Enterprises
– XPO Logistics
These are just a few of the best trucking companies to work for. So if you’re looking for a great job in the trucking industry, be sure to check out these employers.
Check out our comprehensive guide to the Top Trucking Companies to Work For in the US.
Aside from Driving Trucks, What Other Jobs Can a CDL Holder Have?
There are a number of other jobs that a CDL holder can do. For example, you could work as a dispatcher, planner, or mechanic. You could also work in customer service or sales. Or you could work in the human resources department of a trucking company.
Can a CDL holder work as a Trucking School Trainer?
Yes, a CDL holder can work as a trucking school trainer. In fact, this is a great way to get started in the trucking industry. As a trucking school trainer, you’ll be responsible for teaching new drivers the skills they need to be successful on the road.
If you’re interested in becoming a trucking school trainer, be sure to research the requirements in your state. And once you have all the necessary qualifications, you can start applying to train at the best trucking companies.
So if you’re looking for a career in the trucking industry, be sure to explore all of your options. With a CDL, you can work in a variety of different positions.
TruckersTraining.com provide information, tools and resources to those who want to become a truck driver in the U.S. We hope that you can use the content on the site to help inform you on whether or not you want to drive trucks for a living.
Leave a Reply